I’m cheating a bit this week–I’m using a post I’ve used before. At 58 I’m back in school and this is my first week. So…. I’m sorry the formatting is wonky, but I haven’t taken the necessary time to learn to use Blocks in WordPress. This is a an old post and though I told it it was “Classic” it did what it wanted. So be it. The books are still wonderful!
4. Julie & Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen by Julia Powell and My Life in France by Julia Child [I’m counting these as one since both are Julia]. The movie Julie & Julia is one of the few movies I’ve ever enjoyed as much or more (yes, More!) than the book!
5. Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain.
6. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. This gets a tad precious in places, but is still excellent.
Foodie Life for Normal People:
6. Bread and Wine: A Love Letter to Life Around the Table With Recipes by Shauna Neiquist. You can read my thoughts on this book in this post.
For those who enjoy a little touch of fantasy or paranormal (neither of these are my thing, but I LOVED these books.)
8. Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
9. Chocolat by Joanne Harris
10. Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel
Join the Top 5 Wednesday group at Goodreads.com and then do your own Top 5 post of video! It’s fun!
Other Foodie Posts:
Check out the rules at That Artsy Reader Girl and join in next week!