It’s time for a new Spin! (Actually, I’m a few weeks late to the party). The Classics Club does these fun events to get us all ready those classics that have been on our TBR’s, shelves and Kindles just begging to be read! These are a lot of fun, but owning to being back in school at my ancient age and other things in family life, I have not yet finished my book for Spin #24, Imperial Woman by Pearl S. Buck. Since I’ll be on a break from classes most of the time, MAYBE I’ll finish it and the new book? If not, I’ll shoot for finishing the new book. I’ve tweaked my list a bit–I have so many on mine, that I put ones I thought I’d actually be able to read during the time period. With the holidays in the middle I didn’t want a long slog through something I wasn’t enjoying.
The rules for Spin #25:
* List any twenty books you have left to read from your Classics Club list.
* Number them from 1 to 20.
* On Sunday 22nd November the Classics Club will announce a number.
* This is the book you need to read by 30th January 2021.
- Loving Spirit by Daphne Du Maurier
- Finishing School by Muriel Spark
- Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
- Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
- Mornings in Mexico by DH Lawrence
- Death in the Afternoon by Ernest Hemingway
- South Riding by Winifred Holtby
- Son at the Front by Edith Wharton
- Portrait of a Marriage by Vita Sackville West
- The Blue Castle by Lucy Maud Montgomery
- Miss Ranskill Comes Home by Barbara Euphan Todd
- The Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys
- Lost Horizon by James Hilton
- Tortilla Flat by John Steinbeck
- Passing by Nella Larsen
- Burmese Days by George Orwell
- Working by Studs Terkel
- Quartet in Autumn by Barbara Pym
- Bostonians by Henry James
- I, Claudius by Robert Graves
Spin #24’s List--book is still in progress
Previous Spin Lists and their Corresponding Book Reviews
Review: Groves of Academe by Mary McCarthy